After successfully installing ShipHazmat® Full/Partial on your local machine, you receive the following message (or similar message) when attempting to start the program:
Error 0203: Error in saving.
This typically occurs when a user does not have sufficient privileges on a computer to write/save information into the computer's registry, and/or modify information in the installation folder for ShipHazmat. Personnel installing ShipHazmat on an Administrator account should not experience this problem as a result.
This issue is most common on Windows 2000® and Windows XP® operating systems.
One solution is to elevate the user's account privileges to allow information to be updated in the registry and in the installation folder for ShipHazmat (by default, this would be C:\Shiphaz32).
The other solution would be to follow the steps listed below:
- Make sure ShipHazmat is not currently running.
- Locate a file called "ShiphazNL.zip" within the installation folder (by default, this would be C:\Shiphaz32\BDGFiles\). You may need to enable the viewing of file extensions in Windows Explorer to find this file.
- Unzip/decompress the contents of the file into the main installation folder for ShipHazmat (by default, this would be C:\Shiphaz32\). You can use Windows' default decompression tool (Windows Extraction Wizard on Windows XP®) or any compatible decompression tool such as WinZip® or WinRAR.
- If prompted to overwrite the existing file in the installation folder (file name is "ShipHaz32.exe", select "Yes to All" and continue
- Restart ShipHazmat and you should be able to run the program without further errors